AoR – promoting excellence in training
Training courses eligible for Student Membership and Full Membership of the AoR
It is essential that you choose the right course when considering training as a reflexologist and we are aware that looking for a qualification can be confusing. We therefore strongly recommend that you read the “Want to train?” document which has full details on all the different courses available. Do be cautious when looking as not all courses conform to our requirements for full or student membership; or fulfil the relevant criteria for regulation with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and this may mean you cannot get the jobs you would like in the future.
N.B. To be eligible for membership your course needs to include 100 treatments and have a minimum of 49 hours spent in College learning the Provide Reflexology unit excluding assessments
If you want to train as a professional reflexologist we would encourage you to look for one of the regulated qualifications listed below and this includes the Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology being offered by AoR Affiliated Schools and awarded by City and Guilds which can be studied at approved Schools around the country – a sign of excellence in training.
AoR Affiliated Schools are an exciting new initiative that offers you training centres that have gained the AoR seal of approval – demonstrating that they have met the strict standards set by the AoR and City and Guilds (C&G). You will gain a nationally recognised qualification through C&G and receive a second certificate from the AoR showing you have trained at a centre of excellence. You will see more and more of these appearing throughout the year. Current schools are:
- Caritas School of Reflexology – Nottingham: www.caritasschool.co.uk
- Devon School of Reflexology – Exeter: www.devonreflexology.com
- Jackie Hamilton School of Therapies – Norwich: www.jackiehamilton.co.uk
- Maureen Burgess School of Reflexology – East Grinstead: www.maureenburgessreflexology.co.uk
- Temple Academy of Reflexology– Milton Keynes, Oxford, St Albans, Scarisbrick (Lancashire): www.templeacademyreflexology.co.uk
Nationally regulated qualifications eligible for AoR membership:
- City and Guilds Level 3 RQF Diploma in Reflexology – through an Association of Reflexologists Affiliated School – a sign of excellence in training
- City and Guilds, ITEC, VTCT and Cibtac Level 3 RQF Diploma in Reflexology
- City and Guilds, ITEC, VTCT and Cibtac Level 3 RQF Diploma in Complementary Therapies
- Level 5 Diploma in Practitioner Reflexology
Other regulated qualifications eligible for AoR membership:
- Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Reflexology – credit rated by Napier University
- Foundation degrees and degrees in complementary or holistic medicine
- BSc(Hons) in Complementary Healthcare
The courses we detail offer different levels of training and various combinations of face to face days as well as home study. Before you choose your course, make sure you meet with the school and your potential tutor so you know it is the right course for you. It is important that you choose the right course level and training structure for you and that it will fit around your existing commitments and suit your learning preferences.
If you need any help with choosing the right course, please call our advice line on 01823 351010, or get in touch via our “Contact us” page. Whichever course you choose, we wish you luck with your studies and hope you will join us as a Student member for support and free insurance for your case studies. Once you are qualified, you can join us a full member of the Association of Reflexologists which entitles you to so many benefits and you can use the designated letters MAR after your name. This is a recognised standard in the industry meaning Member of The Association of Reflexologists.
We're here to help!
If you need any further information regarding reflexology, becoming a student or joining the AoR, then feel free to call us on 01823 351010 or