Association of Reflexologists – promoting excellence in training
Training courses eligible for Student Membership and Full Membership of the AoR
Not all training courses lead to the same opportunities, so do your homework before you make a decision!
It is essential that you choose the right course when considering training as a reflexologist and we are aware that looking for a qualification can be confusing. We therefore strongly recommend that you read the “Want to train?” document which has full details on all the different courses available. Do be cautious when looking as not all courses allow membership to the AoR and this may mean you cannot get the jobs you would like in the future.
N.B. To be eligible for membership your course needs to include 100 treatments and have a minimum of 49 hours spent in College learning the Provide Reflexology unit excluding assessments
If you want to train as a professional reflexologist we would encourage you to look for one of the regulated qualifications listed below and this includes the Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology being offered by AoR Affiliated Schools which can be studied at approved Schools around the country – a sign of excellence in training.
Nationally regulated qualifications eligible for AoR membership:
- Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology for Wellbeing – SEG Awards
- Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology – City and Guilds, ITEC, VTCT and Cibtac
- Level 3 RQF Diploma in Complementary Therapies – City and Guilds, ITEC, VTCT and Cibtac
- Level 5 Diploma in Practitioner Reflexology – Agored Cymru
Other qualifications eligible for AoR membership:
- Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Reflexology – credit rated by Napier University
- Foundation degrees and degrees in complementary or holistic medicine
- BSc(Hons) in Complementary Healthcare
AoR Affiliated Schools
These are an exciting new initiative that offers you training centres that have gained the AoR seal of approval – demonstrating that they have met the strict standards set by the AoR and their awarding bodies. You will gain a nationally recognised regulated qualification and receive a second certificate from the AoR showing you have trained at a centre of excellence.
Please note that due to Covid we have had a delay in being able to invite other training centres (that meet our strict criteria) to become Affiliated Schools but you will see more appearing throughout the year – there are plenty of other excellent training centres that we look forward to working with soon.
- Caritas School of Reflexology – Nottingham: www.caritasschool.co.uk
- Maureen Burgess School of Reflexology – East Grinstead: www.maureenburgessreflexology.co.uk
- Pathways Reflexology – Norwich: www.pathwaysreflexology.co.uk
- Temple Academy of Reflexology– Milton Keynes, St Albans, Surrey and Weston-Super-Mare: www.templeacademyreflexology.co.uk
If you need any help with choosing the right course, please call our advice line on 01823 351010, or get in touch via our “Contact us” page. Whichever course you choose, we wish you luck with your studies and hope you will join us as a Student member for support and free insurance for your case studies.
We suggest you look for schools who use the following logo to ensure you are choosing a nationally recognised course: