Covid-19 Secure Workplace Policy – A sign you can trust.
The Association of Reflexologists was established in 1984 and today it is the foremost aspirational and independent professional association for reflexology in the UK. The letters MAR after a reflexologists name identifies them as one of our members – a sign that they have met the strictest standards of reflexology practice, they are insured to practise and that they are committed to continually developing their skills and knowledge.
The Association of Reflexologists Covid-19 Secure Workplace Policy Logo is there to offer you assurance that your reflexologist is following Government guidelines and the AoR Covid-19 Secure Workplace Policy for working responsibly and safely during these unprecedented times.
We are all having to change the way we live but even with the adaptations our members will be making we remain confident that you will still receive a wonderful hands on treatment for improved wellbeing. This is a time when our emotional and physical health need some nurturing and support.
Why is Covid-19 such a concern?
Covid-19 appears to be a highly infectious virus and is thought to have spread to nearly every country in the world. Governments are particularly worried about this as it’s a new virus that appears to be unpredictable.
As we plan to navigate the roadmap to recovery you can be assured that AoR members displaying the above logo will be following all government guidelines and AoR Covid-19 Secure Workplace Policy to minimise risk of cross infection.
What does the AoR Covid-19 guidance include?
AoR Members will:
- Work within their Governments Guidelines
- Have prepared for and complied with the AoR Return to work document
- Comply with the AoR Covid-19 Secure Hygiene Guidelines – details strict hygiene practices for the therapist. You can request to see a full copy from your therapist
- Changes that will be made include the following:
- You will be asked to complete a risk assessment form before each treatment to ascertain if it is appropriate for you to have a treatment
- Hand washing before and after treatments (or hand sanitiser with a minimum of 60% alcohol
- Our members will have clean, dedicated clothes/uniforms for treatments
- Treatment spacing – allowing 15 minutes between clients to minimise contact with other clients
- Cleaning – This 15 minutes also allows for couch/chair coverings to be changed and any surfaces that have been touched to be cleaned between each client
- Depending on the latest government guidelines, your reflexologist is likely to be wearing a facial covering and you may be asked to wear one too – even a scarf is fine (ideally double layer cotton)
- Clean linen and towels – will be used for each client
- Soft furnishings – will be removed if non-essential or completely covered e.g. foot pillows
- A cleaning checklist will be on display to show when cleaning has taken place
- Waste will be disposed of in line with Government Guidelines
- Laundry in line with Government Guidelines
As a client you will be required to:
- Complete a risk assessment before each treatment. (Your therapist will contact you to complete this)
- On arrival declare if anything has changed with your health or within your family unit
- Wash your hands (or use hand sanitiser provided by the therapist) on arrival
- You may be asked to bring and wear your own face covering. Your therapist will let you know before your treatment if this is the case
- Bring your own bottle of water
- Bring your own blanket (if requested by the reflexologist)
- Inform your reflexologist if you develop symptoms of Covid-19
- Arrange contactless payment if possible
Hygiene and your safety is of paramount importance to us, if there is anything you are unsure about please contact your therapist to discuss.
We're here to help!
If you need any further information regarding reflexology, becoming a student or joining the AoR, then feel free to call us on 01823 351010 or