World Reflexology Week 2013
World Reflexology Week 2013 will be taking place between 22-29 September 2013
Work out what sort of activity you'd like to do. There are lots of different things you could do to promote reflexology in World Reflexology Week – to give you a head start, we've listed below a few suggestions:
* A small presentation or talk with a practical demonstration
* Individual 'taster' treatments
* A leaflet/ letter to a particular target audience (such as staff at a local business) offering discounted treatments
* Hiring a local venue and putting on a fair with other complementary health practitioners
* Display and provide taster sessions in a public place (such as a shopping centre) – don't forget that you will need permission for this!
Work out what resources you'll need so you can obtain them in plenty of time. Don't forget – if you register your event with the AoR, you can claim your free World Reflexology Week pack, containing balloons, leaflets and posters.
Take a look at various pieces of helpful advice situated on the Members' Area of the AoR website, such as 'Giving a talk on Reflexology' , the AoR 'Media Advice pack for Members', and 'Marketing Taster Sessions'. These can all be found by logging into the Members' Area, clicking on 'Info and Downloads' and clicking on 'Business & Marketing'.
Arrive early to make sure you're ready to go before the start time of your event. This will give you time to clear your thoughts and greet your audience feeling calm and prepared.
Enjoy the event! We all know that reflexology is a wonderful therapy, so share your conviction and enthusiasm with your audience. People who are at your event will already (for the most part) be interested, will want to know more and are usually responsive and appreciative.